September is National Pain Awareness Month
In recognition of National Pain Awareness Month and the millions of Americans who struggle to live with chronic pain, PAINS, a program of the Center for Practical Bioethics, is hosting an evening with NHHPCO member and author Dr. David Nagel and artist Jacquelyn Sullivan Gould in Kansas City MO on Sept 15th.
Dr Nagel will be speaking about his newly released book Needless Suffering: How Society Fails Those Who Live with Chronic Pain as he did at the NHHPCO/HCANH Annual Meeting in June.
21st NHHPCO Annual Conference
The lineup has been confirmed!
Thursday, NOVEMBER 10, 2016
8am - 4pm
THE BEST CARE POSSIBLE – COMMUNITIES OF CARE
- 8:15 – 9:15 Joanne Lynn, MD – Altarum Institute – Caring for Frail Elders – Getting What We Want and Need
- 9:15 – 10:15 Kate Lally, MD – Developing Community Palliative Care
- 10:45 – 11:30 Becky Field, Photographer - Different Roots, Common Dreams: New Hampshire's Cultural Diversity
- 11:30 – 12:30 Lunch
- 12:30 – 1:30 Breakout sessions
♣ Kathleen Broglio, DNP, ANP-BC, ACHPN, CPE, FPCN, Palliative Care, DHMC – Managing Pain in Individuals with Serious Illness and Comorbid Substance Abuse Disorder
♣ SAGE Maine - Supporting the Unique Needs of LBGT Adults
♣ Kristin Barnum, RN, MBA, Bayada Hospice – Medicare Care Choices Model project
♣ Kate Lally, MD – Having the POLST Conversation
- 1:30 – 1:45 Break
- 1:45 – 3:15 Jennifer Ballentine, MA, President, The Iris Project – Ethical Reflections on Physician Assisted Suicide and Hospice Values
Includes panel discussion facilitated by Rob Spencer, MD and featuring John Saroyan, MD, Paul Drager, and Rev. Mary Francis Drake.
- 3:15 – 3:30 Break
- 3:30 – 3:55 Veterans topic
- 4:00 Evaluations / Adjourn
Hospice and Palliative Care News
It's time to renew your membership.
Thank you for your support!