21st NHHPCO Annual Conference
Thursday, NOVEMBER 10, 2016
8am - 4pm
SERESC, Bedford, NH
THE BEST CARE POSSIBLE – COMMUNITIES OF CARE
Download brochure for complete schedule, directions, to fax in your registration, and more.
- 8:15 – 9:15 Joanne Lynn, MD – Altarum Institute – Caring for Frail Elders – Getting What We Want and Need
- 9:15 – 10:15 Kate Lally, MD – Developing Community Palliative Care
- 10:45 – 11:30 Becky Field, Photographer - Different Roots, Common Dreams: New Hampshire's Cultural Diversity
- 11:30 – 12:30 Lunch
- 12:30 – 1:30 Breakout sessions
♣ Kathleen Broglio, DNP, ANP-BC, ACHPN, CPE, FPCN, Palliative Care, DHMC – Managing Pain in Individuals with Serious Illness and Comorbid Substance Abuse Disorder
♣ SAGE Maine - Supporting the Unique Needs of LBGT Adults
♣ Kristin Barnum, RN, MBA, Bayada Hospice – Medicare Care Choices Model project
♣ Kate Lally, MD – Having the POLST Conversation
- 1:30 – 1:45 Break
- 1:45 – 3:15 Jennifer Ballentine, MA, President, The Iris Project – Ethical Reflections on Physician Assisted Suicide and Hospice Values
Includes panel discussion facilitated by Rob Spencer, MD and featuring John Saroyan, MD, Paul Drager, and Rev. Mary Francis Drake.
- 3:15 – 3:30 Break
- 3:30 – 3:55 Reverend Gary Rolph, Chaplain, VA Medical Center, Manchester – Coming Home: Veterans from Troy through Baghdad to Where?
- 4:00 Evaluations / Adjourn
5:45 pm ~ Registration, networking, wine and beer
6:00 pm ~ Welcome and Introductions – Don McDonah, MD
6:10 pm ~ Death Over Dinner – exploring a national initiative – Deb Turiano, MD
6:50 pm ~ Drew Mihalyo, President and COO of Delta Care Rx
7:40 pm ~ Hospice EMT Protocol for NH – Eric Jaeger
8:15 pm ~ Other issues / Updates from the floor
8:30 pm ~ Adjourn
We thank our dinner sponsor:
Hospice and Palliative Care News
It's time to renew your membership.
Thank you for your support!