NHHPCO has partnered with the New Hampshire Comprehensive Cancer Collaboration (NHCCC) Palliation Workgroup to develop the toolkit below, which helps healthcare leaders and clinicians in promoting earlier access to palliative care. This project was made possible through mini-grant funding from the NHCCC.
Would you not be surprised if the patient died within 12 months? 92% of the public are likely to choose palliative care once they are informed about it according to a CAPC report. Help start the conversation.
Palliative Care Toolkit
- Palliative Care Patient Education Video*
- Diagnostic “Triggers” for Palliative Care Consultation
- Laminated pocket cards opioid prescribing**
- Laminated spirituality tip sheet**
- Palliative Care Booklet from the National Institute of Nursing Research (can be ordered from www.ninr.nih.gov)
- Treatment Summary document being piloted by NHCCC Survivorship Workgroup
- Introduction to POLST by the Foundation for Healthy Communities
- Taking the Fear Out of Palliative Care by NHCCC
- Disease specific palliative care information
- Rack card for Managing Pain
Please feel free to use the toolkit information as appropriate with colleagues, co-workers and families.
* You are welcome to burn copies of this video although it should not be edited. For more information, contact info@NHCancerPlan.com or call 603-415-4276.
** The laminated pocket cards can be ordered through our NHHPCO Store.
Many palliative care programs remain confused about PQRS and may not be aware of the Value Based Payment Modifier. With that in mind, we wanted to share CMS’s new video presentation with you. It is critical that your organization understand how these two programs work so that you can avoid payment penalties in 2017 (and possibly reap a Value Modifier incentive).
Determining Terminal Status - Complete Document - PDF format (60 KB)
"Pharmacologic Pearls in End-of-Life Care" by Patrick Clary and Phil Lawson